Each of the Nations in Théah is a unique culture, a country that prides itself on a national identity and a unique voice. There is no League of Nations in 7th Sea; each country stands alone, plotting its future as best it can in the face of dangers both internal and external. 7th Sea characters usually come from one of the eight Théan Nations:
- Avalon: Green and enchanted, this union of three kingdoms has recently risen to the forefront of Théan politics under the leadership of Queen Elaine.
- Castille: Headquarters of the Vaticine Church, this fertile nation was once the home of science and reason, but it has fallen under the spell of corruption and fanaticism.
- Eisen: A proud yet broken land, Eisen is a nightmare brought to life by three decades of mass murder kept at bay by heroes as dangerous as the horrors lurking in the Nation’s shadows.
- Montaigne: One of Théah’s most powerful nations, Montaigne leads the world in art and culture even as its Emperor crushes the populace beneath his thumb.
- Sarmatian Commonwealth: Two nations bound by a single crown, the Commonwealth is a democratic monarchy where all people are equal, even kings.
- Ussura: A Nation torn between traditional isolationism and an ambitious ruler who will do anything to drag his Nation into the future, no matter the cost.
- Vestenmannavnjar: A Nation of raiders and warlords who conquered the world’s economy by hammering their swords and spears into coins.
- Vodacce: The former cradle of civilization, Vodacce is now split between seven merchant Princes whose complex and nefarious schemes reach every corner of the world.